to a lifetime of adventure and wandering this glorious blue planet, to bellies full of fabulous food and delicious wine, a team of adorable giggling babies and mad beautiful chaos, to seizing every single moment and collapsing exhausted and happy at each sunset and awaking renewed in each other at each sunrise, to drinking only to thine eyes for all eternity.
today and every day you are my love, my beloved lover, my soul mate
♥ 24.04.13 = 17 years ♥
Relationship advice from from Allison Toomer, age 8 [credit].
“He should always be nice to you, and you should like the same things. Fr’instance, if you like fruit, and he doesn’t like fruit, then you’ll break up.”
Lucky I guess!
I find it a huge compliment when friends tell me that they think Jay & I have a great marriage.
We’ve been together since we were kids, which is a long time to build trust and love and friendship. Which are all things that I think make a successful relationship.
Not that I don’t sometimes struggle with these myself, but here are my ten rules for a happy relationship
- neglect the whole world rather than each other
- it takes two to quarrel and if you’re going to fight passionately, make sure you make up just as passionately!
- say I love you and share kisses and hugs every.single.day
- never hog the remote
- if you must criticize, do it lovingly
- leave the mistakes of the past in the past
- never go to sleep with an argument unsettled
- allow time for separate interests & friends, as well as shared adventures
- keep yourself right – look your best for your partner (no-one else wants to see you in daggy trakkies so why would your partner?)
- in the words of My Big Fat Greek Wedding, “be a lamb in the kitchen and a tiger in the bedroom”!