- What I love most about my home is…it’s where my hubby and my puppy live! They are my two favourite males in the world and I get to see them every single day. Bliss.
- I’m excited because…it’s a secret that I can’t share yet! (and no, I’m not preggers!)…oh and I have finally figured out Google Reader!
- ♥ Jay’s laugh, fresh flowers, perfectly poached eggs, scented candles, the first sip of good coffee, “thinking of you” txt msgs from friends, cuddles from Harley, a good hair day, cooking for people & sunshine on my face…make me terribly happy.
- Currently I’m craving…mangoes. Summer is over and so are the Queensland mangoes. Boo.
- The thing I love most about my best friend is…she’s my family. I love her completely. She accepts all my faults and I hers and we’re always honest with each other. Plus we can act silly with each other. It’s a nice feeling to to have a friendship like that.
- If I was going to write a book about my life, the title would be…”Stumbling up stairs & Obsessions with food“…pretty much sums up the fact that I am an incidental stunt double and am constantly thinking of food.
- My favourite thing to do after a bad/stressful day is…get home, change out of my work clothes, put James Taylor on the stereo and pour a nice fat glass of Shiraz.
I have many guilty pleasures in the form of mind-numbing, frivolous but fabulous TV shows that I watch to relax.
Gossip Girl is one of my favorites.
They’re gorgeous & have fabulous fashion sense!
I wish I could raid Serena & Blair’s closet…
so much drama; boyfriend swapping, social sabotage and family skeletons, decorated with insanely beautiful people, gluttonous fashion, champagne, & parties!
I wish I were that fabulous as a teenager!
Actually, I wish I was that fabulous now!
“Serena is more thrown together and effortless and doesn’t really care, and is just like, has this sexiness to her without trying, and Blair is really uptight and conservative and put together and everything has to be perfect, you know Chuck is kind of cocky and he’s just like, I don’t know, a prick.” – Leighton, on Gossip Girl style. Nylon mag article
I’m missing Gwen Stefani!
She hasn’t been hanging out in public for a while. So while we wait for Ms Stefani to re-emerge with a new album or sashay down the runway her L.A.M.B. threads, we’ll hold a fashion remembrance with a little visual stroll down memory lane…
Saturday Harley had a doggie play date with Rino & Jiro.
I met Jeff & Ben at their place in St Leonards and we walked with our pooches (I don’t know if their dogs could be classified as ‘pooch’ as they are a lot more masculine than Harley!) to Chew Chew Cafe which is situated at Wollstonecraft train station.
Chew Chew is a cute little pet restaurant & shop that specializes in healthy, nutritious meals and treats for dogs. It’s run by a lovely Japanese couple fronted by Naoko who is a animal nutritionist.
It’s such a kitsch idea I know. And if you don’t have a dog, or you don’t humanise your dog like I do (Cesar would freak!), you’ll think it’s pretty nuts that there is a cafe dedicated to animals with menus and even doggiechinos! But it’s a fun way to socialize your pet and of course I know that it’s more for the owner than the dog!
Naoko loves Rino and Jiro as they are regulars to her shop. They are an old breed called Shiba Inu, which are the smallest of the six original and distinct breeds of dog from Japan. They are direct descendents from the original canine, the wolf and is one of the few ancient dog breeds still in existence in the world today (unlike Harley who is a cavoodle and about 10 years old as a breed).
Harley had a great time being humped by Rino (all while Jeff, Ben & Naoko were running cross country after Jiro who did a runner at the first possible opportunity), meeting a tiny little Chihuahua with an inferiority complex and rolling with a chubby Pug called Pepper!
Chew Chew Cafe | Wollstonecraft Station, Shop 3, Railway Walk | 02 9460 7111
Wednesday – Friday 9:00 – 4:00
Saturday – 10:00 – 3:00
Sunday – 10:00 – 3:00
and especially to my super awesome Mum!
the best thing about the rain is the sunshine & rainbows that follow…
so this | that this week is dedicated to rainbows!