After the first couple of weeks of summer being a total let down of rain and jumper weather, Sydney has finally been slapped in the face by the summer we know and love! High-30-degrees and sunshine!
The summer weather always makes me crave seafood, so over the weekend when I was planning a quick casual dinner for an impromptu catch up with friends, I decided to do a super easy, low fuss but totally delicious take on the Prawn Cocktail (or Shrimp Cocktail for all my Northern Hemisphere mates).
- fresh prawns (I use large Australian Tiger Prawns); 3-4 per person
- iceberg or cos lettuce, shredded
- fresh dill, roughly chopped
- fresh avocado; quarter per person, sliced evenly
- cocktail sauce; I use store bought but there are some good recipes out there if you prefer to create it yourself
- layer lettuce, avocado, prawns & sprinkle of dill in a pretty formation in your fave cup, glass or bowl
- drizzle with cocktail sauce & serve