There’s not much more refreshing than an icy cold, crisp apple cider on a balmy Sydney summer’s eve.
In my little nook of the world, as the city traffic noise starts to wane, the golden glow of dusk streams through my apartment windows, my fave tunes waft over the stereo speakers, and my little shadow Harley the cavoodle excitedly follows my every move, it’s time for a refreshing cocktail. Nothing too complex; just good ingredients, and something with a clean & refreshing taste.
5 Seeds have released a new lower sugar cider, just in time for Aussie summer!
With the same clean, crisp apple taste, 5 Seeds Lower Sugar Cider is just as refreshing and satisfying as their other ciders, but with less sugar.
I’ve got an idea to pimp it up a little; adding vodka as it’s neutral flavour won’t interrupt the apple cider, and some summer fruit to compliment the apple theme and get it looking colourful in mason jars.
- 5 Seeds Lower Sugar Cider; bottle per person
- your fave vodka; 30ml per person
- cubes of ice
- ripe mango, thinly sliced
- plump passionfruit
- slices of juicy watermelon
- fat, round strawberries
- green pear, sliced into wedges
- white nectarine, sliced
- crisp apple, sliced thin for the cup and thicker for garnish
- ribbons of cucumber
- sprigs of fragrant mint
- in a mason jar or other glass, place ice, pour vodka, layer fruit then top with the sparkling 5 Seeds Lower Sugar Cider
- garnish with mint, colourful stirrers threaded with apple & a festive straw
*best shared with a lover or friend overlooking the sunset
outtakes with Harley the cavoodle: