I do allow some dairy in my paleo diet, so with that in mind, here is the yummiest grain-free pancake recipe for your sweet weekend breakfast!
– 2 organic eggs, lightly beaten
– 225g ricotta
– 1 tsp vanilla essence
– 1 orange
– 1 tbs coconut flour
– coconut oil for frying
– 1 punnet blueberries (fresh or frozen)
– the juice from the orange above
– 1 tbs agave syrup or honey
(1) combine the beaten eggs, ricotta & vanilla essence in a large mixing bowl. Stir through the zest of the orange. Add the coconut flour & mix well.
(2) allow the batter to rest for 5 minutes.
(3) in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine blueberries with juice of the orange & agave syrup, cover & bring to the boil. Turn down heat and summer uncovered until fragrant & sauce thickens to a syrup. Cover and set aside.
(4) fry spoonfuls of the pancake mix in a pan with a tbs of coconut oil over gentle heat until golden on both sides. Cook the pancakes in batches and keep warm in the oven.
(5) divide the pancakes among two plates, top with blueberry sauce & serve with yoghurt & sliced banana if desired.
This recipe is adapted from Teresa Cutter @teresacutter_healthychef