Paleo Coconut Pancakes
*this recipe makes 5 medium sized pancakes*
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 tbsp coconut milk (don’t shake the tin & take from the top)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp sugar (I use Xylitol)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- additional coconut oil & butter for cooking
Blend eggs, oil, coconut milk, sugar & salt.
Combine coconut flour with baking soda and mix into batter.
Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil & a knob of butter in a pan or flat skillet. Spoon batter (about 2tbsp per pancake) into hot pan/skillet to make the pancakes.
Batter will be thick but will flatten out when cooking.
Makes 5-6 pancakes.
- Peacan pancakes; mix 1/2 cup of finely chopped peacans into batter.
- Blueberry pancakes; fold 1/2 cup crushed blueberries into batter.