I posted this picture on Instagram and got a request from my blogger buddy Simply Stephanie to share the recipe.
It really isn’t complex and is something that you can easily whip up after work on a week night. It’s paleo because it’s dairy & wheat/gluten free!
Here’s the details to serve 2 people:
– chicken drumsticks (organic please!) x 5-6
– herbs to taste; fresh or dried rosemary (I use fresh from my garden), chilli flakes, thyme, tarragon, salt & pepper
– half a head of cauliflower
– a large sweet potato (aka kumera) about 800g
– green beans, about 120g or two handfuls
– 50g butter
– oven roasting bag (makes life easier but not required if you can’t get them)
1) preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF)
2) place the chicken in an oven bag on a tray (or in a oven dish, with foil to cover) and sprinkle with herbs, salt & pepper to taste (I use 2 sprigs of rosemary and about 1/2 tsp of each herb), salt & pepper. Place in the oven on 20 mins timer
3) peel & dice sweet potato, segment cauliflower and place in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to the boil and simmer til veggies are tender (around 15 mins). Drain, add butter & mash and set aside leaving covered.
4) check on the chicken at 20 mins (usually needs an additional 10-15 mins) and uncover if using a dish & foil for the final 10-15 minutes cooking time.
5) boil the jug, top & tail the green beans, and cover them with boiling water for 5 mins. drain and set aside.
6) serves 2 happy people!!!