to a lifetime of adventure and wandering this glorious blue planet, to bellies full of fabulous food and delicious wine, a team of adorable giggling babies and mad beautiful chaos, to seizing every single moment and collapsing exhausted and happy at each sunset and awaking renewed in each other at each sunrise, to drinking only to thine eyes for all eternity.
today and every day you are my love, my beloved lover, my soul mate
♥ 24.04.13 = 17 years ♥
I posted this picture on Instagram and got a request from my blogger buddy Simply Stephanie to share the recipe.
It really isn’t complex and is something that you can easily whip up after work on a week night. It’s paleo because it’s dairy & wheat/gluten free!
Here’s the details to serve 2 people:
– chicken drumsticks (organic please!) x 5-6
– herbs to taste; fresh or dried rosemary (I use fresh from my garden), chilli flakes, thyme, tarragon, salt & pepper
– half a head of cauliflower
– a large sweet potato (aka kumera) about 800g
– green beans, about 120g or two handfuls
– 50g butter
– oven roasting bag (makes life easier but not required if you can’t get them)
1) preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF)
2) place the chicken in an oven bag on a tray (or in a oven dish, with foil to cover) and sprinkle with herbs, salt & pepper to taste (I use 2 sprigs of rosemary and about 1/2 tsp of each herb), salt & pepper. Place in the oven on 20 mins timer
3) peel & dice sweet potato, segment cauliflower and place in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to the boil and simmer til veggies are tender (around 15 mins). Drain, add butter & mash and set aside leaving covered.
4) check on the chicken at 20 mins (usually needs an additional 10-15 mins) and uncover if using a dish & foil for the final 10-15 minutes cooking time.
5) boil the jug, top & tail the green beans, and cover them with boiling water for 5 mins. drain and set aside.
6) serves 2 happy people!!!