I got inspired to do some last weekend for the week’s meals ahead! Here is the recipe for my original creation!
CHICKEN, SWEET POTATO & PINENUT FRITTATA
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup light cream
- ½ cup grated cheese (Havarti is good)
- 1 large sweet potato; cut into cubes & roasted in the oven
- 1 medium chicken breast; cut into cubes & pan fried til cooked
- 6 large button mushrooms; diced
- Handful flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbs pinenuts; lightly toasted
- Sea salt & cracked pepper to taste
- ½ tsp rosemary or Italian herbs
- 1.5 sheets store bought low-fat shortcrust pastry; thawed
- Cooking spray oil
- 20 inch frittata pan
- Large baking tray
- Baking weights (or rice)
- Baking paper
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/356°F (fan-forced). Spray the frittata pan with cooking oil and line with the shortcrust pastry. Top with baking paper and weigh down with baking weights (or rice). Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes (until there is a hint of golden). Remove from oven, remove weights/rice and cook for another 5-10 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and when cooled, remove from tin and place on a large baking tray. Turn the oven down to 120°C/248°F (fan-forced).
Lightly whisk the eggs then stir in the cream & cheese. Add the salt, pepper & rosemary/herbs. Scatter the cooked ingredients (chicken, sweet potato & pinenuts) and the mushrooms in the prepared tart shell then pour over the wet mix. Randomly push the parsley into the mixture and top with pinenuts.
Bake in the oven (120°C/248°F) for 30 minutes.
[variation: top with sage before baking the filled tart in the oven with butter pan fried sage]
serve with salad for a perfect meal!
And good news! My recipe is going to be featured on the Project Cookbook blog!