Get ready for some scrumptious seafood with this cracking recipe
from Michelle Bridges.
Perfect for the Aussie summer season!
Prawn, watercress and fennel salad
“This is one of my favourite recipes. It’s super nutritious and dead easy to make. Rocket is okay if you can’t get watercress.”
~ Mish Bridges
- 750g cooked prawns
- 1 fennel bulb
- 220g watercress
- 2 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Peel and de-vein the prawns and place in a bowl of iced water.
- Slice the fennel finely, cutting out and discarding the hard part in the middle close to the root. Chop the watercress, discard the hard stalks and mix with the fennel, dill and parsley. Leave a few watercress stems for decoration.
- Finely chop the garlic and whisk it in a food processor with the oil, lemon juice and mustard.
- In a pasta bowl, mix the prawns with the salad, then pour over the dressing. Garnish with watercress stems and cracked black pepper.
Recipe & photo [via]