While Jay delighted in watching the ground & pound of UFC154, I created a simple healthy “super” salad; super because it contains the buzzworthy ingredients of quinoa, flaxseed, chia & lots of greens.
Quinoa, roast beetroot & rocket
with flax & chia seed
- 1 cup quinoa; cooked to packet directions & cooled
- small bunch of broccoli; blanched & cut into small florets
- cup of cherry tomatoes; halved
- 3 fresh beetroot; peeled, cut into cubes, roasted in the oven & cooled
- 2 cups of baby rocket
- handful of flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tsp flaxseed
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp basil pesto
- 1 tsp tahini
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tsp olive oil
- pepper to taste
For the Salad – Wait til quinoa & beetroot are cool before mixing all ingredients together.
For the Dressing – Mix all ingredients together (I use a Jamie Oliver shaker).