There is nothing more joyful & holistic than a healthy salad packed with colour.
I love to mix fruit & nuts in with my lean protein & greens. It’s one way to make sure you don’t get bored with salad day in, day out.
Here is one I made for yesterday’s lunch.
- 200g chicken breast; grilled or baked, cooled & cut into strips or cubes
- 30g low-fat feta cheese; cubed
- 1 tbs natural seed mix (like sunflower seeds, pine nuts, pepitas)
- 1 medium apple; sliced finely
- 1 tbs dried cranberries
- 150g (1 packet) of baby spinach & rocket mix
- 1 large stick celery
- dressing: 1 tsp olive oil & 1 tbs white vinegar and salt & pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients & enjoy! Serves 2 at 363 calories per serve.
If making in advance (to take to work for lunch, etc), combine dressing with apple & celery and keep in a separate container and combine just before serving.