Now that 12WBT round 1 has finished (and round 2 doesn’t kickoff for another few weeks), I thought it would be a good time to enroll a Personal Trainer from my gym to kick my butt and up my training on a weekly basis.
Joe is a trainer at my gym (ITAC); he’s a total machine – huge muscles, super fit and best of all is Samoan (just like my beautiful hubby!). Neen introduced me to him one day when we were working out together on a Xtrainer and since then we’ve had a chat on passing.
Jay & I are now doing a weekly 1 hour session with him (Friday mornings 6am) which started last week.
Our first session included the following:
- 10 mins warm-up on the Xtrainer on Arm Blast program
- 6 sets x 12 reps of over head press weights
- 10 sets of 30 secs side-2-side squats
- 10 sets of 30 secs jump squats
- 3 x 300m rowing blasts
- various upper body arm weights (sorry, I dont know all of the names of the machines!!!)
- 5 mins walking on incline
- 3 x 30 sec ab planks
- 3 x 20 reps various ab
Because the gym is closed for renovations this coming, (even though we were so sore from Friday’s training) we had this week’s PT session the following day.
The session included;
- 10 min run to the gym
- 5 min walking on 12° incline treadmill
- 6 sets x rowing vs clean & press; 1 set consists of rowing to 300m as fast as possible, then running over to the clean & press station and doing 12 reps
- 5 min Xtrainer on Butt Blast program
- outdoor stair running and boxing for 20 mins (OMG pain!!!)
- 2 x 2 min ab plank holds
- 15 min walk home
I’m loving it!