I am obsessed with this salad. OBSESSED!
It doesn’t matter that Jay walks around singing The Simpsons “you don’t make friends with salad” song when I give this to him in his work lunchbox, because with a salad this yummy you won’t need friends!
Melly’s all-in-one autumn lunchbox salad
- Baby spinach; 1 cup
- Green beans; 100g, blanched, cooled & sliced length-ways
- Broccoli; 1/2 cup florets, blanched & cooled
- Cherry tomatoes; 4 cut in half
- Baby beetroot; tinned, 1/2 a serve (40g or about 5) sliced
- Egg; 1 boiled egg, shelled & cut in quarters
- Bocconcini cheese; Traditional type (larger than the cherry bocconicini) x 2 pieces roughly torn
- Salad nuts/seeds (I use the pinenut/sunflower/pumpkin seed mix); 1 tbs
Layer the salad and serve! Makes 1 serve of 363 calories.
*You could skip the nuts/seeds in lieu of 1/2 cup cooked pumpkin. Yum!