- Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy; No one makes a movie quite like the British. This movie is good; story, cast, acting. It’s based on the series of novels by John le Carre. I found myself a little lost at times and had to get Jay to explain what was going on. Colin Firth is amazing as is the actor who I think looks like Andy Garcia (we call him “Andy Garcia adjacent” his name is Mark Strong). It has that painful 60’s feel (similar to Revolutionary Road) and John Hurt is brilliant as always.
- Revenge; “what goes around comes around” is the tag line and there is a lot of Hamptons’ socialites drowning in a sea of revenge in this show. It stars Madeline Stowe and Emily VanCamp and although it is probably a similar formula to many other soap/dramas from over the years, I am really enjoying it! Created by Mike Kelley (The OC, Jericho, Providence).
- Midnight in Paris; I try and watch all the Oscar nominated movies before the Awards. I find Woody Allen to have a predictable formula even though his stories aren’t the same; the main character is male and you could imagine them to be some sort of projection of Allen’s own personality. That’s how I see Owen Wilson’s character in this film. Then there’s the love triangle/debacle that the main character somehow bumbles his way through (enter stunning beauties Rachel McAdams and Marion Cotillard). I did enjoy it though. Rachel McAdams plays a total bitch and Michael Sheen the dislikeable Brit and aggressor. Carla Brunei & Kathy Bates also star. In typical Woody Allen style, the movie never resolves it quirks which I often find frustrating as the audience. It is worth a watch though!
- Saltbush lamb, swiss brown mushrooms & kale that I bought from the Eveleigh Markets on the weekend. So fresh & delicious!
- Lebanese bread with herbed goats cheese, poached chicken & baby spinach/rocket.
- my new little Lilly Pilly bush I planted in a pot at the front of my house. I am getting the hang of this gardening thing!
- the two new ASOS skirts I purchased last week
- the new Facebook timeline. I don’t understand what the fuss over the changes are. If you want to protect your privacy, either get off FB or update your levels of security in the settings. People love to whinge don’t they?! Jebus.
- my fluffy monster – isn’t he just adorable.
- boxing with Neen. We just started back again & Friday’s session almost made me puke – which is a good indicator as to how hard I actually worked. I was so sore on Saturday!
- this Ad by women’s gym Fernwood
What have you been up too?