- had a successful project deployment! 1 down, 5 more to go before Christmas.
- made a delicious fruit salad with new Spring PEACHES!!!!
- dragged Jay kicking & screaming to try a new cafe for brunch; Baffi & Mo in Redfern. He actually chucked a tanty because we weren’t going to FFF! What is it with men and change???
- found myself in Harris Farm hell. The line was longer than the Qantas cancellations.
- suddenly found myself wondering why Harley was being so quiet. I discovered him in the back yard, nose deep snuffling for worms in my garden!
- made the most delicious dinner; Lamb cutlets with minted peas, feta & spinach (recipe below)
Lamb Cutlets with Minted Peas, Feta & Spinach
- 6 French-style lamb cutlets (all fat removed)
- 155g frozen baby peas
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 100g low-fat goats feta
- lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tbs of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- salt & pepper
Note: Because the price of French-style Lamb Cutlets are almost double the price of normal lamb cutlets, I buy the regular kind and French my own.
If Frenching your own cutlets, take a sharp knife and remove all the visible fat from the bone and around the lamb. You may need to scrape the bone clean.
Season the lamb on either side.
Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add peas and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat & drain, smash about half of the peas with a fork and then cover and set aside.
Heat a skillet or fry pan, spray the cutlets with oil (short 3 second spray) and fry for 3 minutes on the first side, then turn and fry for another 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover and set aside in a warm place to rest.
Zest the lemon and take the juice along with the mint and add them to the peas. Crumble in the feta, season with pepper & mix to combine.
On the two plates, top with a handful of baby spinach, then the pea/feta mixture and place 3 cutlets on each plate.
514 calories per serve