…I was enjoying 10°C with high sunny skies weather in Melbourne while trying not to stress that our flights home had been cancelled due to the Chilean Volcanic Ash Cloud!
These are the highlights from my trip.
- first great Melbourne coffee (courtesy of Brother Baba Budan)
- shopping the outlets on Bridge Rd, Richmond
- Scrumpy and Gypsy ciders for pre-dinner drinks at Young & Jackson’s rooftop cider bar
- Bottega. one of the best dinners ever.
- breakfast @ Mr Tulk (review here)
- random knitting festival in which the men, frustrated by the girls lack of knitting-prowess, took control and proceeded to knit the morning away!
- more great ciders at Beer Deluxe outdoor bar
- our first ever AFL match; barracking the winning team (Geeeeelong!) and being amazed by 65,000 people at a normal match and the smooth public transport to get there (unlike Sydney which is just ridiculous to get to any sporting event)
- breakfast at Adiamo in Degraves Lane
- St Kilda markets
- pre-dinner drinks at Melbourne Supper Club
- drinking too much at MoVida
- taking drunk pictures of alley trash!
- our flight being delayed – another day in Melbourne!
- breakfast at Manchester Press cafe; great coffee art
- walking to Lygon St, Carlton
- standing under the clock tower
- afternoon tea at Hopetoun Cafe
- getting lost in the Docklands
- 4am start to get a flight home (!)
thanks to my 5 travel buddies for an amazing time; hubby Jay and amazing friends Mandy, Neen, Ian and Nath! <mwah> xox