- My husband. Who is the best person I’ve ever met. He has this joyful spirit that draws people to him. His obsession with chicken and sports both disturbs and amuses me! Plus he’s funny, kind, patient, handsome, intelligent, handy, artistic and funny. Now aren’t you just in love with him too!
- Glee. Minutes before it starts I get soooo excited! I make sure the lights are off, my phone is on silent, the dog is quiet, Jay is fed and there are no other distractions. Glee needs my full attention! Sometimes the songs make my heart swell so much it makes me cry. I just love it!
- Lizzie.My mum. She is a beautiful woman inside and out. She’s one of my best friends and I know no matter what I’ve done or what I’m thinking I can share it with her because she doesn’t judge me and she offers advice that I can choose to accept or ignore and it’s still OK. I love that she’s been a pseudo Mum to my best friend since we were kids. I love hanging out with her.
- Ben & Jerry’s. Particularly Triple Caramel Chunk. Frozen bliss.
- Gracie.She’s my best friend and she rocks! Spaciecakes (as I like to call her) has an amazing spirit; she’s funny, kind-hearted, wacky, sensitive, idealistic, thoughtful, fun and super tall. I think I’m one of a few people who can decipher her language where she thinks one thing and says another! She’s also got an awesome younger sister, an equally wacky family and a beautiful boyfriend.
- Harley. When we got this little fur ball I was overwhelmed and unprepared with his complete dependence on us. I struggled with him following me in & out of every room, his messiness and the toilet-training. 11 months on and we’ve got a good relationship. His discipline is pretty good (thank God for Ceasar Milan!) and while he can be willful, he enjoys being trained and being part of the Williams’ “pack”. I love that he licks me good morning every day. I love our daily walks and his cuddles on the couch or how he curls up under my feet when I’m working on my laptop. He’s just an awesome little dog. It helps that he’s super cute too!
- My brother.We have a complex relationship where we get along like a house on fire when we live on opposite sides of the country. Put us together in the same room for more than a few days and we’re at each others throats! He lives in Perth and I live in Sydney. We literally tried to kill each other when we were young. There are some stories that would make you raise an eyebrow or two! Now we talk on the phone every few days and see each other a couple of times a year. He’s a sensitive soul in a hardened body. He’s much much more intelligent than he gives himself credit for and he has this cheeky irreverence that makes women (of all ages) swoon! I miss him a lot.
- My girlfriends. Gracie, Tam, Mandy, Janine, Lindy, Mands. I love them all for different reasons and I have different friendships with each, but they all share one amazing attribute; they are beautiful women with a strong sense of self. They know who they are, love their lives and themselves and have experiences which make them interesting, knowledgeable, inspiring and fun!
- My husband’s family and best friends.Jay’s family is raucous, fun, energetic and there are a lot of them! I especially love his cousins (Rose, Lani & Helen) and their partners and kids, his parents and his sister Trina and her family. Jay’s best friends are James & Ian. Both whom I knew before I met Jay. We’ve grown up together and have had shared experiences that allow us to know the very soul of each other. They are so different from each other but are equally as cool and fun. I laugh a lot when I’m with them!