My wonderful friend Neen emailed me this article entitled The 10 Canine Commandments. As a lover of doggies (and one in particular), it brought several tears to my eyes…
The 10 Canine Commandments
1. My life is likely to last ten to fifteen years. Any separation from
you will be painful for me. Remember that when you buy me.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me – it’s cruicial for my well-being.
4. Don’t be angry at me for long, and don’t lock me up as punishment.
You have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I have
5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don’t understand your words, I
understand your voice when it’s speaking to me.
6. Be aware of however you treat me, I’ll never forget it.
7. Remember before you hit me that I have teeth that could easily
crush the bones in your hands, but that I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinant or lazy,
ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I’m not
getting the right food, or I’ve been out in the sun or in the cold too
long, or my heart is getting old and weak.
9. Take care of me when I get old. You too, will grow old.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say: ‘I can’t bear to watch it’, ‘let it happen in my absence’ or ‘I am tired of you’. Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember, I love you.
doggy breeds that i heart….
and doggies that i know & heart a lot…
and of course the doggie that i heart most of all…