One random Sydney girl (thats me!) & the six degrees of Kevin Bacon!
OK – so I love Kevin Bacon and a few years ago I realised that I had 6 degrees of separation to Kevin Bacon!
- In 1996 I meet Simon Baker(-Denny at that time) at a party (his brother-in-law is a high school friend) Bacon#6
- Simon Baker stars with Guy Pearce in LA Confidential Bacon#5
- Guy Pearce stars with Viggo Mortensen in The Road Bacon #4
- Viggo Mortensen stars with Nicole Kidman in The Portrait of a Lady Bacon #3
- Nicole Kidman stars with Ed Harris in The Human Stain Bacon #2
- Ed Harris stars with the man himself in Apollo 13 Bacon #1
Explanation of the Bacon Number here.
There are several other variations including Matt Dillon, Renee Zellweger and Russell Crowe that I came up with on my own, but I then found this website that kindof takes the fun out it all, oracleofbacon.org, and you can type in anyone and it will give you the Bacon Number (this helps with all the relatively unknown actors that pop up from movie to movie…) According to the oracle Simon Baker has a Bacon Number of 2 which makes me Bacon #3!!!
Simon Baker -> was in LA Confidential with Ron Rifkin -> who was in JFK with Kevin Bacon
and another girl I went to school with (I was friends with her brother as she was a few years younger than me) has a Bacon Number of 2 which means again, at best I have a Bacon# of 3!!!
According to Melly, lets just recap Kevin Bacon’s best movies, which are:
- Wild Things
- Stir of Echoes
- A Few Good Men
- The River Wild
- Apollo 13
- Hollow Man
- The Woodsman
And let’s not forget how totally cool he was in Will & Grace playing himself!
Goes to show that the small world phenomenon is actually true in my household!