So much good TV this past week!
- Glee: Gwyneth Paltrow stars as Holly Holiday (awesome name!) the hot happy-go-lucky Substitute teacher who takes over while everyone is sick and Sue is spreading havoc on tater-tots as temporary Principal. She does this fantastic rendition of “F-You” (Cee Lo Green) and then the BEST song Glee has done to date – a mashup of “Umbrella” (Rihanna) and “Singing in the Rain” (from my favourite old movie from 1952).
- Dexter: OMG! Will Dexter’s newly discovered emotional side be his unravelling? 3 more episodes to go and I don’t know how it can get any better! I LOVE Dexter!
- Family Guy: Brian writes a hack self-help novel “Wish It, Want It, Do It” and sells it as a joke but it goes best seller. He arrives at a TV interview and finds his lists of demands, a bowl of M&Ms, and says “I said no grey M&Ms. These are all grey.” [I love Seth’s humour] He turns into a total diva. “Stewie, I got a flea thing goin’ on in here. Where’s my Frontline.” Mwahahaha!
- Supernatural: the hottest guys on TV are tearing up the things that go bump in the night and begrudgingly working for a demon to get Sam’s soul back outta hell. I honestly have no-idea what’s going to come next. And I love it.
- Gossip Girl: Bitches of Bushwick are executing the plan of demise and ruining the life of my favourite GG, Serena. Oh the fashion! Yay for (short-lived, boo) Chuck & Blair reunion! OMG – Serina’s dress to the ball was divine….It better end well and with Serina back in Nate’s arms!
Special Note: just read that Baz Luhrmann will start filming his remake of The Great Gatsby next year! Carey Mulligan (amazing in An Education) will be Daisy – beating the likes of Natalie Portman, Scarlett, Keira & Blake for the role, Tobey Maguire will play Nick Carraway and best of all, Leo DiCaprio will be Jay Gatsby! No word on the casting for Tom…