My week’s highlights in bullet form (because you know I’m a sucker for point-form):
- monthly Mandy sleepover!
- receiving a gift of Cavendish House Chocolate-covered Macadamias and Swan Bay Pinot Noir, from my gorgeous Welsh gal pal
- reading my husband’s long overdue blog (see my Blogroll for his link)
- getting an email from Sal & Matt, a lovely couple we met at Tokoriki
- drinking coffee out of my new sustainable coffee mug (and taking a photo of myself in the lift at work drinking from it and sending it to Jay who thought it was hilarious!)
- having a few hours to chat and catchup with Tam (and on her birthday!)
- seeing Eclipse for the second time. Team Edward all the way!
- getting a letter in the mail from Mum & Col in Thailand, just because she wanted to write on the fancy hotel stationary!
- receiving a post reply from my fave foodie blogger Not Quite Nigella!
- getting delivery of our giant war club we bought in Fiji! its an awesome killing tool so watchout burglers…
- a mid-week dinner of Heirloom Tomato Salad with bacon, halloumi, Spanish Onion, toasted Turkish bread, basil and aged balsamic (adapted from a NQN recipe)
- being rugged up, sitting on the couch with the sun streaming through the window, drinking peppermint tea
- seeing my cousin Jess with her friends, happy in the 37 °C German summer, camping on a giant sand dune!
- Jay bringing me orange lillies (lilium bulbiferum), which apparently mean hatred or death, but I think the official meaning of flowers are stupid because all the flowers I love are mostly associated with death! I LOVE that my husband bought me flowers for no reason 🙂 he is precious. and those people who work out the meaning of flowers are idiots.
- ending the week with a bowl of popcorn watching ToyStory3 in 3D