I recently wrote about my new breakfast routine of a green smoothie (and my fancypants new Vitamix).
I am seriously obsessed with the green smoothie revolution; My skin looks great, my insides function like a well oiled machine and it’s a fast way to have brekkie! So I thought I’d share a few combinations if you get the urge to go green.
The simple rules are
- use a Vitamix (if possible, I know they’re expensive) because it turns everything to the smoothest liquid which is the reason it goes down easy
- the foundation is anything green & leafy. preferably kale but you can use cavolo nero, spinach, silverbeet or lettuce
- used unwaxed fruit
- cut off any citrus peel
I need to buy some flaxseed or chia seed to add into the mix!
blending step 1
step 2; adding the kale & mint
the finished green smoothie
step 3; ready for drinking!
this morning's green smoothie
another day, another smoothie
another green smoothie combo
Posted in food glorious food!
Tagged breakfast, coconut water, fitfluential, fitspiration, green smoothie, healthy eating, Joe Rogan, kale, kale shake, mint, nutrition, Vitamix
let’s make today a fucking fantastic friday!
take a girl, an iPod, a mall,
a smattering of crazy and a whole hit of bravery
and what you get is this hilarious video clip
of Angela Trimbur dancing
like nobody’s watching!
I’ve just finished my early morning 3km run with Harley and tonight I’ve got Body Balance but here is some inspiration just in time for my weekly
Super Saturday Session (SSS)!
for my SSS tomorrow I’m doing the following workout:
15 min run to the gym
Body Combat class
3 sets x 15 reps Squats (40kg)
4 sets x 12-6 reps incline chest press (staggered dropset 25kg, 27.5kg, 30kg, 25kg)
3 sets x 15 reps stiff-legged dead lift (20kg)
3 sets x 20-16 reps full pushups
3 sets x 1 minute plank
15 min run home
this burns around 1200 calories
Happy Friday peeps!
This morning when my alarm woke me at 5.30am I just wanted to bury my head under the pillow, dig deeper into the blankets and go back to sleep. I’d been up several times during the night because Harley (the fluffy monster dog) was restless and needed to go outside. But I got up, woke Jay and together we set out into the cool, pre-dawn world.
What goes through your mind when you know you have to exercise but you don’t want to?
For me, it’s Michelle Bridges’ mantra “Just F*cking Do It” (or JFDI for those in the know)! It’s all about robot-mode which is not to dwell on all the reasons why I shouldn’t get up and go running; just to not think at all, put my gear on and get out that door. I actually visualise my day ahead, acknowledge how busy I will be and then think of getting home and having to go out to exercise…uuurgh! It gets me out of bed every time. I am not an evening exerciser. My body knows it, I know it, so for that very reason alone I just have to get it done in the morning.
This week Mish’s good friend & fellow fitness expert Amelia Burton is doing her Twitter challenge “Crack of Arse”; this means you train each morning between 5-7am, tweet her a picture with the hashtag #CrackOfArse and you’ll go in the running to win some sort of awesome prize. I love this because I’m up training anyway, so I may as well enter a comp to do so!!! Although Jay & I agree it should be called “Dawn’s Crack” which makes much more sense…
#CrackOfArse Monday Day 1 : early morning run
#CrackOfArse Tuesday Day 2 : Pump class
#CrackOfArse Wednesday Day 3 : early morning run with my impatient running buddy Harley
Just like Ms Bridges says, motivation is bullsh*t so you need to find something else that will keep you going when the motivation is missing…for me it’s remembering that consistency is key; it’s doing the work day in & day out that will heed results.
My vision board adorns the mantle in my bedroom.
My BFF Gracie told me that the best way to achieve your goals is to have the in your face…that way they inspire you not to lose sight of what you’ve set out to achieve. She couldn’t be more right!!!
via EatCleanTrainMean on Tumblr
The first post of the year, across millions of personal blogs the world over, are generally chock-full of resolutions; promises usually include weight-loss, quit smoking, drink less, exercise more, eat better, yada yada yada! They’re all good of course but you ask people in February how their resolutions are going and it’s usually an excuse or two of why they’re already fallen off the wagon.
My online personal trainer extraordinaire Michelle Bridges recently emailed a newsletter about making your resolutions (or as I like to refer to them; my goals) “SMART”.
For those not familiar with this term, SMART stands for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic & Time-based.
I’ve fallen prey to the generalised new year’s resolutions many a time. So this year I thought long & hard about what I wanted to achieve come 31st December 2012. Here they are:
- Continue on my fitness & weight-loss journey with committing to all 3 rounds of Mish’s 12WBT for 2012. I’ve already signed up for Round 1 which starts on the 16th January, but I will continue all year. I’m aiming to reach my goal weight of 70kgs by July 2012 and will then focus on shaping my body into awesomeness (!) for the latter-half of the year.
- Pay off 2 credit cards in 2012. This equals to around $14,000….so much money I know. We just finished paying off a store card (one of those interest free blah blah blah cards) just prior to Christmas so this year two will bite the dust. That also means closing the accounts. I’ve already cut up the cards.
- Learn a new skill that will help me during the [_____] apocalypse. (you can insert your version of ‘the end of the world‘ here, but for me it’s either going to be apocalypse by zombie or rage virus) I’m thinking I’ll learn either crossbow/compound-bow or pistol-shooting. I’m tending towards the compound-bow.
- To not swear/cuss so much. I am a lady. And I need to talk like a lady. Not like a sailor.
So there you have it. My specific and realistic goals for 2012!
How are you going with your 2012 goals?