I wanted to share with you my new fave sweet treat recipe which I discovered on Aussie TV chef personality & nutritionist Teresa Cutter’s website
The Healthy Chef.
It’s great for morning or afternoon tea but I especially love a slice for breakfast!
Original Publication HERE
Banana + Coconut Bread
- 400 g (14 oz) ripe banana
- 6 free range / organic eggs
- 4 fresh pitted dates (see notes)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 60 ml (2 fl oz/ 1/4 cup) macadamia nut oil, coconut oil or cold pressed olive oil
- half teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 70 g ( 1/2 cup/ 2 1/2 oz) ) coconut flour
- 20 g (1/4 cup / 1 oz) chia seed (see notes)
Preheat your oven to 150 C. (fan forced) 170 C ( no fan)
Combine banana, dates, oil, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs and baking powder into a blender or food processor and blend until creamy and combined - alternatively you can do this by hand in a large bowl.
Add the coconut flour and chia seeds and mix through.
Rest for 10 minutes to allow the chia and coconut flour to expand.
Lightly oil one loaf tin and then line with baking paper – The size I used was: 10 1/2 cm wide and 26 cm long.
Spoon batter into the tin – at this stage you can decorate the bread with flaked coconut of sliced banana before baking.
Bake for 50 – 55 minutes ( a skewer inserted into the centre should come out dry).
Cover the top with foil if over-browning.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool before turning out the loaf.
Makes 1 loaf serves 12.
keeps in the fridge covered for up to 1 week. (freezes well too)
All words from The Healthy Chef. Picture my own.