Where Lilly over [here] solves problems (I usually create them!) and lives in Colorado while I live in Sydney, we both love beer (her a little more than me), food (me probably a little more than her), bubble baths with a glass of vino, taking pictures of our food, good books, Lisbeth Salander, the smell of clean laundry, exercise, cooking, love Germany & have the same middle name! She also has a thing for Mexican food, is named after a beautiful flower and did I mention she loves beer?!
Michelle from [here] is a twin! Which to non-twin people like me is the most fascinating thing. I love her blog which is about her love of her huge family, reading, baking, working-out, the Cardinals, her strong faith, beautiful words like poetry, loves Jillian Michaels the way I love Michelle Bridges, her adventures in Missouri & beyond, has a wonderful husband and has two adorable doggies named Cooper & Coogee. Her twin also lives Sydney so she gets to visit every so often!
If you are nominated you must include the link in a blog, linking to the person/blog that nominated you. You must answer some questions and nominate fellow bloggers and link their blogs in your post. Let the people you have nominated know that you have nominated them!
Here are the questions:
1. Who is your favorite philosopher?
“Cogito ergo sum“. Descartes said it best when he said “I think therefore I am“.
I think all of us are philosophers of some kind as there are messages that make us question our surroundings, position & identity all time.
I think Dr Seuss was a brilliant modern philosopher…
“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
Even though I didn’t pay much attention to Philosophy101 first year Uni, in terms of celebrated philosophers I enjoy the Ayn Rand‘s book Atlas Shrugged
“Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swaps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it’s yours.”
and how can I not mention Voltaire, the French philosopher and father of the French Revolution who created his nom-de-plume from an anagram of his surname and championed the separation of church & state in a time where it was total blasphemy to think such things!
“I do not agree with what you have to say, but I’ll defend to the death your right to say it.”
Nietzsche also; one of the founding fathers of Existentialism. What is more important to the meaning of human existence than the individual discovering the meaning of life through one’s own authenticity. “What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not an end“ Brilliance.
Last but not least, a modern day philosopher (and filmmaker and futurist) Jason Silva who we’re going to see speak at The Opera House this Sunday! He speaks about ‘philosophical implications of tinkering with our biology, merging with our technologies and overcoming our biological limitations’. Interesting & relevant stuff!
2. What is your favorite number?
10. I don’t know why this number is still my favourite. It was Dennis Rodman’s jersey number when he was at his all time best (playing for the Spurs) and he was my favourite basketball player during high-school, so the number has just stuck with me!
3. What is your favorite animal?
Whales, dolphins, sharks and dogs. I’ve swam with wild whales and dolphins, have an awesome dog and really want to swim with a great white one day (protected in a cage of course!).
4. What are your Facebook and Twitter?
I’m one of the many Melissa Williams on Facebook and my Twitter is @m3lly78
5. What is your favorite time of day?
6. What was your favorite vacation?
Stalemate between my honeymoon in the Whitsundays QLD and Paris/Germany.
7. What is your favorite physical activity?
Can I say sex? If that doesn’t count, then I’ll go with Boxing and BodyBalance!
8. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
Hmmmm, that’s a hard choice between coffee & sparkling mineral water.
9. What is your favorite flower?
ooooh, I have so many! Peonies, ranunculus, David Austin roses & hydrangeas.
10. What is your passion?
My husband, my blog, my piano (even though I’m having a little break), cooking & my dog!
The nominees who bring sunshine to my google reader on a regular basis:
- Golden girl Amber from [Arbitrary Ambrosia]
- My beautiful friend Neen from [random musings of neen]
- The Florida filly Steph with a killerwatt smile [Simply Stephanie]
- Health fitness & foodie chick from [flecks of green]
- A fellow Zombie-apocalypse doomsdayer & foodie Selina from [at number 11]
- My postcard swapping Californian blogging buddy Prem who has the most beautiful eye for photography seen on [spirit photowalk]