The second topic in the 12WBT blogging challenge (created by Courage2Start) is A Picture of Health.
Question: To me, what is a picture of health?
Strong. Not skinny. That is my picture of health.
I also think that by defining what is NOT my picture of health helps draw a picture of what I do consider ideal.
Yep, it’s not good….Skinny. No muscle tone. A woman who looks like she’s about to fall over. A women who couldn’t sustain a bear-hug, or a climb a tree, who only eats three grapes all day, or a girl who can’t open her own jars. This is NOT my idea of health!
That said, the opposite is also true….overly muscly or obese…
My view to health perfection isn’t just about the physical.
- Fitness is key; being able to run 5kms without stopping, having a strong core, being about to walk up a steep hill while bush-walking without having to stop half-way to rest to get your breath back, and feeling strong during a killer Pump class!
- Nutrition is essential; taking care of what you put in your body by eating good, natural food with little processed products.
- Happiness is also high on my health list. Living in the moment, laughing, feeling apart of a family/group of friends/community.
- Commitment; setting out to achieve something, whether its a hundred push-ups or a half-marathon, and nailing it. There is no better feeling than achieving your goals!
- Looking hot with or without your clothes! These women are my inspiration!