Today my official training program with 12WBT starts!
I recently wrote about the program and my goals here.
Apart from a slight feeling of trepidation, I am pumped. I am excited. And full of determination. I will achieve my goals. I will become a better version of myself.
This is what I’ve been up to during the last month of pre-season task challenges:
- “Introduce Yourself”: On the 12WBT forum I wrote a brief blurb on my background and what I want to achieve over the course of the next 12 weeks. I also read quite a few from other people, commented to provide support and also start getting to know others out there doing the challenge! I also joined Twitter!
- “Get Real”: this task was about admitting all my excuses for not exercising or eating well. Internal, External inside my control and outside of my control. Its about deciding that there are no more excuses and putting into place contingency plans for when excuses pop up (like ‘Im too tired to work out’ or ‘Im too busy’). I am not as busy as the Prime Minister and John Howard used to work out every single day and still run the country! I like Mich’s mantra to just go into “robot mode” and JFDI (just fucking do it)! Ive now thought through all of my self-sabotage. I am important and Im going to get it done.
- “Set Your Goals”: lose 12kgs in the next 3 months. run 1km without stopping. look better in my clothes. eat healthy & smaller meals.
- “Gear Up”: bought new workout leggings, new Brooks runners, a Polar FT60 heart rate monitor, new iPod (with the inscription “Strong.Fit.Proud.Happy.Melly.”)
- “Say It Out Loud”: writing down my goals. verbalising them to my family and friends and writing it on my blog. Saying it out loud so that I am now accountable for my goals. I am as good as my word.
- “Kitchen Make Over”: getting rid of all the processed food, junk food and stuff that will not help me get to my goals.
- Organize & Diarize”: I have planned all my workouts for the first 4 weeks. I am setting up a routine so that it will become habit. Ive also minimised all my social engagements so that I can give myself a really good start without external pressures.
- “Measure Up”: all my body measurements and weight are now tracked and Ive taken my “before” photo. I won’t be publishing these online anytime soon for fear that the world will open up and swallow me whole in mortifying embarrassment!!!
It’s made me think about what my own mantra for the next 12 weeks will be. I’ve decided on this “You can have results or excuses. Not both.”
I also like “Eat clean. Train Mean.” which seems to be a personal mantra of a lot of Personal Trainers and other 12WBTers out there!
I completed the first of my fitness tests yesterday which provides my starting benchmark for the program. I will be doing the exact repeat of this fitness test at weeks 4, 8 and 12. My results were:
Distance run 1km; 8:17 min
Sit-ups; level 3 of 5
Push-ups in 1 min; 28
Wall-sit; 1:15 min
It can all only get better! I’m excited to see how far I can go and how much I can improve!